More than three billion people across the world have access to the internet. From mobile devices to desktops, it seems like everyone these days is plugged in, and if your business isn’t claiming space on the web, then you’re missing out on oodles of potential customers. No matter your niche or where you’re located, it’s essential to start a website for your business.
With a website, you can sell products or services online, establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry, generate new leads for your business, reach and connect with customers, and give your brand the visibility it deserves.
Having a website is important, but building one that suits your needs and is functional for potential visitors is the end goal.
- Plan your website: Establish your business goals, define your audience, pick a domain name and research design ideas.
- Design your site: Site builder or WordPress? Hire a pro!
- Create amazing content: Write your own web content and use images on your website.
- Sell on your website: Create product descriptions and photos, determine shipping and payment and include Terms & Conditions and testimonials.
- Get found with SEO: Incorporate appropriate keywords, find ways to get backlinks, optimize images and adjust tags.