Whether you are selling products or services it’s a very good practice to get inspired by the most successful online merchant sites best practices:
- Anticipate queries and give clear answers.
- Illustrate your products clearly.
- Make order forms easy to find and fill in.
- Reassure nervous buyers with convincing customer testimonials.
- Provide secure facilities for credit card purchases.
- Offer as many payment methods as you can and let buyers choose which to use.
- Spell out the terms of a guarantee.
- If you are hoping to make sales overseas, give details of shipping costs and taxes that are likely to apply.