The study, conducted last year, uncovered a story of digital transformation — a willingness to invest in digital to boost efficiencies, increase sales and enhance the customer experience. The flexibility of middle-market retailers, including fewer sunk costs, allows them to select the technologies most effective for their business.
How to find out if you are ready?
- Starting point: How well can you define the consumer journey across channels? Are systems truly integrated?
- Customer-facing: Do your systems provide a fast, easy and seamless consumer experience?
- Back-end: Does your system provide fast and accurate data and insight that improves the employee experience?
- Talent: Do your employees and partners have the technology, digital expertise and digital-first thinking skills they need?
- Culture: How willing are your employees to adopt technology and digital processes? How willing is your leadership to invest in them?
- Omnichannel: Are you delivering a seamless, customer-focused omnichannel experience versus a store-only or e-commerce-only experience?