Every year and even every few months, new design trends pop up. There are 6 up and coming web design trends:
- Cleaning things up and keeping the simple: Clean, minimal and simple designs have always been around. However, recently, it feels like there is a new breath of fresh air coming out in clean designs.
- Emphasis on typography: Some designers are putting a lot of emphasis on typography nowadays -especially big and bold typography. Because text is the main form of communication online, it gives typography lots of creative potential.
- Ease of page flow: Another up and coming design trend that I’m quite fond of is the use of graphic elements such as backgrounds to help transition the different sections. When done well, it improves the flow of the page tremendously making scrolling as well as content digestion easier.
- Offset layout grids: Designers have been playing with layouts for a long time. Some designs adhere to strict grids while others do the exact opposite. Recently, the creative use of offset layouts and grids have become a lot more popular.
- Creative, fun and functional animations: Speaking of animations, they are a great way to bring some creativity into any design. Recently, web design has been seeing a big surge in animations both for fun and for function.
- Creative use of color