What will 2019 bring to the internet of things? The 2018 forecast predicted new functionality and new markets, including convergence with AI enhancements to make devices smarter and broader adoption by manufacturing. Now that the technology is proven, business models are verified and appetites from both consumers and industrial users are whetted, is it smooth sailing from here on out?
If only it were that easy. 2019 is likely to become the year that IoT gets really complicated since the stakes are high and the challenges multi-faceted.
Here are five IoT trends to look out for in 2019:
- More hacks and increased spending on cybersecurity.
- Greater interest in selling data.
- New data harvested from IoT and workforce management tools.
- Regulations: Study the fine print.
- Increased popularity of privacy-enhancing technologies (PETs).